DLL crash inside removethreadtableentry - where's the source code for that?

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sun Feb 17 11:25:58 PST 2013

On 17.02.2013 12:31, Ben Davis wrote:
> On 17/02/2013 07:56, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> _removethreadtableentry is a function in the DM C runtime library. It
>> has the bug that it tries to free a data record that has never been
>> allocated if the thread that loaded the DLL is terminated. This is the
>> entry at index 1.
>
> That's a good start :)
>
> Can it be fixed? Who would be able to do it?

Sure it can be fixed. It's up to Walter to build a new lib for
distribution, though.

> Or is there some code I can put in my project that will successfully
> work around the issue?

Without recompiling the lib, I guess the best that can be done is patch
snn.lib to not execute the last call to free().

> I get the impression the source is available for money. I found this
> page http://www.digitalmars.com/download/freecompiler.html which
> mentions complete library source under a link to the shop. I *could* buy
> it and see if I can fix it myself, but it seems a bit risky.

Yes, you get library source and a lot more. The risk is pretty limited,
it is not very expensive.

> By the way, thanks for Visual D :)

Thanks :-)