D is coming to a town near you

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Wed Feb 20 10:03:49 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 20 February 2013 at 17:52:46 UTC, Rob T wrote:
> On Wednesday, 20 February 2013 at 17:48:29 UTC, Dmitry
> Olshansky wrote:
>> It's just me sharing a positive experience.
>>
>> TL;DR I have a strong (anecdotal) evidence that D is rapidly
>> gaining popularity :)
>>
> [..]
>
> I've noticed what looks like a large increase in the postings
> in D learn, which to me indicates a sudden increase in the
> people who are checking D out.
>
> --rt

I would say in late 2011 - early 2012 I hit more than usual talks
about D in russian segment of the web, maybe it was growing that
time.

But D has been loosing position in Tiobe index for a year. And
two other measures which I know: http://langpop.com/ and
http://lang-index.sourceforge.net/ also do not give much
preference to it.