The DUB package manager

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Feb 23 09:27:54 PST 2013

On Sat, 2013-02-23 at 17:57 +0100, simendsjo wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 February 2013 at 16:44:59 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
> wrote:
> (...)
> > Anyone still using Java is just so last decade ;)

:-)

> I've managed to dodge Java all these years, but I just started a
> college which teach Java. Even after using it only for a couple
> of thousand lines of code, I understand the hatred.. Feels like
> I'm in a straitjacket. Yes, it might be easy to learn, but damn
> it's verbose!

Java 8 will be a revolution in Java much, much bigger than Java 5. It
will either make Java a renewed and refreshed language, a joy to use, or
it will be the end of the road. Javas 9, 10, 11, and 12 are planned but
may be irrelevant.

In the mean time Groovy already has everything that Java is seeking to
include.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk