The new std.process is ready for review

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Tue Feb 26 09:10:00 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 26 February 2013 at 16:45:08 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:09:48 -0500, Lars T. Kyllingstad
> <public at kyllingen.net> wrote:
>> You'd use it like this:
>>
>> spawnProcess(["prog"]);
>
> That allocates.  I don't like that requirement.

I know this is debatable and that we've discussed this before,
but I feel I should still mention that the cost of one more small
allocation will be absolutely negligible compared to the cost of
creating a new process, even taking into account long-term
effects of heap fragmentation and such. I don't think that API
design should suffer for such a small performance cost.