Requesting for project ideas

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:26:43 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 2 January 2013 at 17:39:06 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> * Since you ask and mentioned compilers I would say a
> lexer/parser/front end written in D. This should be usable as a
> library which the following could be build upon:
>
> * Syntax highlighter
> * Compiler
> * Refactoring
> * Static analyzer
> * Various other features usually found in an IDE
>
> There are several other developers working on lexers/parsers,
> perhaps helping out with existing project could be a good idea.

Indeed, I work on SDC, and a lot of work need to be done.
However, I'm not sure how to staff 4 person on it, and i'm sure
the GC things is more beneficial for D in general (and is in the
scope).

> Other ides for Phobos are:
>
> * New XML module

Tango.xml is known to be one of the fastest xml lib ever made.
Maybe we should simply use it (or change its interface to be more
phobosish while keeping the internals).