github release procedure

mist none at none.none
Fri Jan 4 03:02:44 PST 2013

Weird. While I was reading "Next focus: PROCESS" topic and
http://wiki.dlang.org/Proposed_new_D_development_process entries,
I was completely convinced that switch to faster release model is
proposed, so that master replaces staging the very moment one
version is released (and it is the same moment as testing of next
release begins). Plus once a year or so release is marked LTS and
cherry-pick bug-fixes until next LTS is out. Was my understanding
wrong?

Anyway, now I am reading all those comments and it feels absurdly
like no one has discussed this stuff few weeks ago and different
topic and argument has started from beginning. This is madness.