WTF did happen with struct constructor and ref in 2.061 ?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Jan 5 21:58:11 PST 2013

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 00:45:24 -0500
Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> On 1/6/13 12:01 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 23:32:45 -0500
> > Andrei Alexandrescu<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>  wrote:

> >> This is a misunderstanding and I confess I'm mildly miffed by it.
> >> The e-book is generated from the online documentation. $0.99 is the
> >> smallest price Amazon would allow any self-publication to be on
> >> their site.
> >
> > It's an ebook version of the content on dlang.org, right? That
> > should be free. If Amazon won't allow it to be free then it
> > shouldn't be on Amazon. End of story.
>
> Walter and I discussed this matter for a while and reached a
> different conclusion. Amazon has good distribution which we found
> worthwhile.

Amazon's reach is irrelevant given the bigger issue.

> The content is the same as the one freely available on
> the website,

Which is exactly why it has no business existing in a paid
electronic form.

> and we're not sketchy about it.

I'm tempted argue that it's _inherently_ sketchy, HOWEVER that's
irrelevant anyway as, sketchy or not, it still creates an appearance of
impropriety, which is bad enough for us.