manual memory management

mist none at none.none
Mon Jan 7 08:12:21 PST 2013

How is D manual memory management any worse than plain C one?
Plenty of language features depend on GC but stuff that is left
can hardly be named "a lousy excuse". It lacks some convenience
and guidelines based on practical experience but it is already as
capable as some of wide-spread solutions for systems programming
(C). In fact I'd be much more afraid of runtime issues when doing
system stuff than GC ones.