manual memory management

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:35:18 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 8 January 2013 at 15:27:21 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> But then again, considering the bulk of all software being
> written
> today, how much code is actually mission-critical real-time
> apps or game
> engine cores?

You also need to consider the market for D. Performance is one of
D's key selling points. If it had the performance of Python then
D would be a much less interesting language, and I honestly doubt
anyone would even look at it.

Whether or not the bulk of software written is critically
real-time is irrelevant. The question is whether the bulk of
software written *in D* is critically real-time. I don't know
what the % is, but I'd assume it is much larger than the average
piece of software.