dlangspec.pdf?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Jan 8 15:38:08 PST 2013

On 1/8/13 3:12 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> I just pushed the first passable PDF documentation generated via LaTeX
>> with
>> ddoc: http://goo.gl/QIP4t. For now I'm only rendering the TOC and
>> lex.dd, but at
>> this time we have enough seed for anyone interested to convert other
>> files.
>>
>> Take a look at the generated PDF: http://erdani.com/d/dlangspec.pdf
>>

>> Andrei
>
> Looks good to me.

I should add this is a rather large success story for ddoc. This is the
first time ddoc has been used to generate a format that has nothing to
do with HTML. LaTeX is different enough from HTML and finicky enough so
we can claim if generating this was possible, pretty much any format is
approachable.

> It's also good to keep in mind that when I prepared the kindle version,
> which has a small screen, I had to rather ruthlessly pare down the
> length of preformatted lines like the code examples.

Yah, for this proof of concept I'm using the stock article interior
design. The production version should include beautiful PDFs designed
purposefully for the Kindle.

In fact I just uploaded a Kindle-specialized pdf. I don't have the
Kindle on me so I went blindly. Take a look and let me know!

http://erdani.com/d/dlangspec-kindle.pdf

Formatting code and tables will be a challenge but nothing really difficult.

Andrei