manual memory management

nazriel spam at dzfl.pl
Wed Jan 9 03:39:20 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 9 January 2013 at 02:49:34 UTC, Rob T wrote:

> I'm very surprised that not too many people have been screaming
> for dynamic linking and runtime loading. It's very hard for me
> to imagine not having the feature because it's so darn useful
> and an essential feature if your strategy is to allow 3rd
> parties to extend an application without hacking at the source
> code.
>
> If there's another better way, I'd sure like to know about it!
>
> --rt

There were many people screaming about it.
Just there is nobody who could make it work.

Walter claimed that compiler is shared-lib ready, it is just
druntime that is lacking. And he hasn't got knowledge to make it
work on his own.

Sean Kelly is out - he was Walter's bet to make it work.

My hope was Martin Nowak, he was working on it but seems that he
also got busy with other stuff