D based BEEP library?

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Fri Jan 11 01:12:13 PST 2013

On 2013-01-05 19:54:11 +0000, Nick Sabalausky said:

> This is the first I've heard of BEEP, but my guess so far is that the
> main website for it:
>
> http://beepcore.org/
>
> Provides no explanation for how to use it beyond linking to a series of
> long-winded and poorly-formatted RFCs, plus the site doesn't offer a
> clear link to any ready-to-use lib. Either of those problems alone is
> enough to turn away most people.

Sure, it's not marketed professional. There is a lot of stuff in the IT
sector that suffers this. I learned not to decided on this but take a
look, at least spend some time to get an understanding. Most of the
time it paid off.

> In other words, bad marketing. Unfortunate, since it sounds like a good
> idea upon my first glance of it

It is.

> (aside from its choice to use XML for
> certain things, which IMO is too much of an _unnecessary_ baggage for
> something as low level as BEEP.)

Well, I don't like XML too, but it's not a showstopper in this case.
And the Vortex lib doesn't rely on it.

--
Robert M. Münch
Saphirion AG