shared gitconfig

mist none at none.none
Fri Jan 11 09:35:04 PST 2013

> And then you're right back where we started; Andrei's original
> problem was how to just get a local copy of the latest and
> greatest upstream without having merge conflicts, which (if you
> don't have a separate local master) means using "git pull
> --rebase -s recursive -X ours".
>
> But: "rebase -X ours" does not throw away all of your changes;
> it keeps the ones that can be cleanly merged. So what you end
> up with is "the latest and greatest plus SOME of my local
> changes", which might not be what you wanted.
>
> (Also, git branches are not temptations to be resisted.)
>
> --Ed

"temptation to be resisted" is working on master branch instead
of feature/bug branch, not git branches ;) Well, if you want to
have a look at current upstream without merging - why not just
checkout it in another temporary branch? I do not propose to get
rid of master at all, just made an observation that it is easy to
make small fix directly on master when it is hanging around so
close.