D based BEEP library?

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Fri Jan 11 09:54:33 PST 2013

On Friday, 11 January 2013 at 09:13:56 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:
> The Vortex library is a good one (if not the only really
> matured one), actively developed and maintained. It's a
> no-brainer to get it compiled, has a lot of examples,
> test-suite, good docs etc. all there.

Back in the day when I first tried BEEP, All I knew about was the
beepcore-c library, but I see it's now dead, and it may have been
dead already when I was attempting to use it. I was not as
knowledgeable back then.

Ah crap, now you got me reconsidering BEEP again ...

BTW my understanding of the XML is that it's only used minimally
for control and configuration reasons. However given perhaps
better alternatives these days, a re-imagining of BEEP may be a
good idea.

>> Try searching Google for BEEP, bad choice of name. But then we
>> use "D"!
>
> :-) Yep.

... and I could go on pointing out many other failings with D
that are in-line with doing the opposite of what you should be
doing in terms of marketing, but it's all fixable, one step at a
time, just needs the right people to make it so.

--rt