Exceptional coding style

mist none at none.none
Tue Jan 15 09:15:25 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 15 January 2013 at 16:51:34 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 17:33 +0100, mist wrote:
> […]
>> :O You are probably the very first programmer I have
>> encountered so far that prefers proportional fonts for code. I
>> need some time to even try to imagine how this may look.
>
> Use an editor like GEdit and change the font to a proportional
> one and
> admire how much nicer the code looks!

GEdit is rather weak :( I am using VIM and Eclipse for coding and
changed Eclipse font to monospaced Terminus font from default
proportional. Problem I have with proportional fonts - they are
not random-access ranges but sequential ones :) My brain is not
capable of computing required offset for 30-40 proportional
symbols in no observable time, contrary to monospaced.

I still prefer proportional for books and web, of course, because
it looks better and normal reading is indeed sequential.