D source code formatting utility (dformat)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 17:07:31 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 00:49:21 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
>> What about just using the json output?
>
> It'd lose all the comments.

And the code itself, unless I'm missing some new enhancement to
the json... the best you can make from that is prototypes (and
even that is incomplete right now!)

It seems to me that the easiest way to do this might be to do
something similar to .di generation, inside the compiler. All the
code is there, but we'd have to be sure to do do it before any of
the lowerings done in semantic; if the user writes "foreach", we
don't want the code formatter spitting out "for".