Update #1 on new std.uni

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:48:30 PST 2013

11-Jan-2013 23:31, Dmitry Olshansky пишет:

> The code, including extra tests and a benchmark is here:
> https://github.com/blackwhale/gsoc-bench-2012
>
> And documentation:
> http://blackwhale.github.com/phobos/uni.html

First of all, @safe pure and nothrow is back. Let me know if something
is still not.

OK, I've made an extra pass through docs with these things in mind:
- getting the introduction & terminology part right
- more explanations and details where applicable
  (let me if that's too much / too little / wrong)
- hiding away the truly generic (and not easy to use) Trie from
documentation
- old deprecated stuff is hidden from docs to discourage its use

The whole Trie template was hidden because it needs to be in
std.container anyway, and I want to extend & tweak it some more before
committing it to public interface. It may very well worth a short review
on its own.

I've spent some hours to get an easy, useful and correct (as far as it
gets) terminology throughout the module.

In that wake 2 primary definitions are:
A character means an encoded character, that is code point that has
*assigned* mapping to abstract character (i.e. symbolically
representable meaning).
A code point is a point in a range of [0, 10FFFF] that is a value not
necessarily having a symbolic meaning.

Things I'm aware of that are not there yet:

1. "Moar" examples everywhere!

2. Expand on the description of certain primitives.

3. Table that lists all of the properties, scripts and other sets
available through the 'unicode' helper.

--
Dmitry Olshansky