Trust about D programming.

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Jan 24 07:18:11 PST 2013

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 03:59:17 UTC, Oleg Kuporosov
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 January 2013 at 21:14:26 UTC, Paulo Pinto
> wrote:
>
>> Many developers have no idea that modern CPUs do lots of
>> things that invalidate the concept of C as a "high level
>> assembler".
>>

> Paolo, the most important features of C makes it "high-level
> assembler"
> it are pointer and its arithmetics. What hell "modern CPUs"
> doing wrong with it?
>
> Thanks,
> Oleg.

Almost every language that compiles to native code as its default
implementation, has some way of doing pointer manipulation, that
is not what makes C a "high level assembler".

What used to give C such status as the almost one-to-one
correspondence between what developers write and the
corresponding Assembly instructions.

As many already answered before me, this one-to-one
correspondence does not exist any longer.

--
Paulo