@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

Artur Skawina art.08.09 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 06:38:46 PST 2013

On 01/27/13 15:11, TommiT wrote:
> There is nothing that says that the source files of X programming language must be text files. It's just a convention, not a law or a real limitation in designing languages. Therefore you can't assume that an X source file can be opened and read with notepad. Someone might design a language that wouldn't rely on those symbols that just happen to be found on keyboards, but instead, relied more on text formatting and colors.

Except we're not talking about such hypothetical language, but one where text
*is* the natural form for source code.
It also happens to be called "D", which means that it will be universally
expected to have certain properties.

Something can be a great idea in one context, while being an extremely bad
one in another.

artur