@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

TommiT tommitissari at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 09:19:14 PST 2013

On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 13:42:33 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> ... but at scope level semantics for reader should be perfectly
> clear and unambiguous even if opened in notepad.

I think we have been throwing the term ambiguous around too
carelessly. Obviously code must be semantically unambiguous when
viewed in a Notepad. I don't think that's an issue with optional
parentheses - the issue is just that it's "not as easy to read",
which I don't think means the same as ambiguous (I'm sure about
all english words though). "Not as easy to read" shouldn't sound
nearly as bad as ambiguous - it's just a little inconvenience
that can be gotten rid of by using an IDE that does semantic
colorization.