Possible @property compromise

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:53:42 PST 2013

On Thursday, 31 January 2013 at 19:13:03 UTC, Zach the Mystic
wrote:
> I'm hoping that the community won't close the books on this
> issue without even *examining* my proposal, found here:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/kdukid$stg$1@digitalmars.com?page=2#post-yqvrjszzlcpmmuyqyxdz:40forum.dlang.org

I don't think the community is ready to close the books on this.

I got to D before C#, two things that bothered with C# was Events
and Properties. And that was purely at the syntactic level. And
have a similar issue with Java's introduction of foreach. Why
does it have to be so hard to remember the syntax of these very
simple constructs!

Anyway, I don't see what your plan offers from just fixing
@property to do what is needed. I've also got overwhelmed by the
complexity to writing properties.