Memory management design

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 01:00:42 PDT 2013

On 10 July 2013 17:53, Dicebot <public at dicebot.lv> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 10 July 2013 at 07:50:17 UTC, JS wrote:

> I am pretty sure stuff like @nogc (or probably @noheap. or both) will have
> no problems in being accepted into the mainstream once properly
> implemented. It is mostly a matter of volunteer wanting to get dirty with
> the compiler.

I'd push for an ARC implementation. I've become convinced that's what I
actually want, and that GC will never completely satisfy my requirements.

Additionally, while I can see some value in @nogc, I'm not actually sold on
that personally... it feels explicit attribution is a backwards way of
going about it. ie, most functions may actually be @nogc, but only the ones
that are explicitly attributed will enjoy that recognition... seems kinda
backwards.