working on the dlang.org website

Val Markovic val at markovic.io
Sun Jul 14 17:19:04 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com>wrote:

> While we can and must do better, I don't think the situation is as dire as
> you suggest.

I think it's more dire than you realize, but I could be wrong. Here are a
few links to pull requests on dlang.org that seem to need love from the
maintainers.

No updates from upstream for:

3 months: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/311
4 months: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/304
4 months: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/292
4 months: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/267

I've created and led several successful open source projects and I've
contributed to many more. The rule of thumb I've observed is that "a few
days" of response latency is fine, ~5 days is plenty and anything more than
a week is too long and sends the wrong signal. I can't say I've always
observed this rule of thumb myself (sometimes I forget or slip up), but
it's a bar I try to meet.

I appreciate your agreement that the community can and must do better.