Deimos need some works

bioinfornatics bioinfornatics at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 18 06:42:26 PDT 2013

> Your job as a distro package maintainer is to package software
> for your distro; make sure the package interacts well with the
> system, such as by making sure it builds with the proper
> CFLAGS, works with --as-needed, installs files to the proper
> place, etc.; and, within a reasonable degree of certainty,
> ensure it won't break users' systems.
>
> If it's not installing files in the right places, patch it.
> Then, contact the maintainers to see if you can have that patch
> upstreamed.  It's not a project's job to package software--
> those that manage to do it and do it well are fortunate; in my
> experience, many of them are awful at it (especially LSI).
> Sometimes you'll need to help them understand what distros need
> so they can keep distro needs in mind going forward.  It's a
> two-way street.
>
> -Wyatt

I know my jobs ;-)

if we can start something which satisfy everyone that is good
(dev / user / distro ).

I exposing what could to be a problem. If D lib start to be a
nightmare to package that will not help to continue to package it.

Lib should not to embed deimos import file we wills pent lot of
time to patch every build system.

So the original question about deimos is closed i will package
- vibe.d ( building manually erf ... ),
- corresponding deimos dependencies
- dub to be used as cpan