Channels for tasks?

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 09:41:33 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 18 July 2013 at 15:29:00 UTC, Matt wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I know this will have probably been answered before, but does D
> have a concept similar to Go's channels when it comes to tasks?

I don't think this is really an answer, but awhile back I was
looking into the difference of D and Go for parallel/concurrency
and created these two examples[1][2] from the blog

http://www.mprescient.com/journal/2011/1/9/concurrency-in-go-a-call-center-tutorial.html

1. https://gist.github.com/JesseKPhillips/773979
2. https://gist.github.com/JesseKPhillips/774983

The first is a translation to message passing, the second is
using std.parallelism

I think there is room for higher level APIs, but I don't think we
will see anything that resembles Goroutines being added.

> P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum, I'll be happy for
> mods to move it if necessary.

Should go to D.learn, but not a huge deal.