Flame bait: D vs. Rust vs. Go Benchmarking

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jul 25 19:51:57 PDT 2013

On 7/25/2013 6:48 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Not to slam Rust or the Rust people, but I wouldn't call that an example
> of "class" so much as "new age nazi": where everything is
> incontrovertibly wonderful in it's own special way and any opinion
> contrary to that is categorically invalid and not to be tolerated (or
> must, at least, be first run through a rose-tinted castration filter).
>
> Referring to those two quotations as "throw[ing] random slander" is
> outright hyperbole and very much an overreaction. I'm *very* glad that
> we've been mature enough here to allow real, frank discussion and not
> descend into the self-righteous, almost Orwellian, whitewash trap of
> "happy...or else".

I tend to agree. I enjoy a bit of rough and tumble with ideas, along with
hyperbole and excursions into excess, and even the occasional angry outburst.

Where I draw the line, though, is bullying any member of our community.
Fortunately, uncivil behavior has been extremely rare, and I am very proud of
our community as a result.