Pulling Xorg dependencies on headless machine

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Jul 27 17:07:28 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 02:03:47AM +0200, nazriel wrote:
[...]
> I am afraid that DMD is the one pulling in X stuff.
>
> I suspect it may be because of -man switch. That would explain why
> dmd wants xdg-open on Debian.

Gah. I say the .deb should just Recommends: xdg-utils, not Depends:. As
far as compiling D code is concerned, dmd works just fine without ever
using the -man option. Having xdg-open installed is a *recommendation*,
not a requirement for compiling D code!

As for what to do with this dependency, just use apt-get
--no-install-recommends. :)

Creativity is not an excuse for sloppiness.