Arch AUR DMD missing?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jun 3 16:37:39 PDT 2013

On Monday, June 03, 2013 22:18:19 Dicebot wrote:
> I have omitted it intentionally so far because .so support is not
> official yet. It is here if you want to get dirty and try. I can
> change it, of course, if its status is somewhat more official
> than I have though :)

I suppose that that depends on what you mean by official. It's there. You can
use it. You're supposed to be able to use it. But it's brand new, and we
decided not to make a big deal of it until it had been used more. I'd argue
that it probably _should_ be provided with the arch package. It is with the
rpm and deb releases, but due to technical issues, it's screwed up and only
has libphobos2.so and no symlinks, so it doesn't work out of the box with the
rpms and debs, even though it's supposed to (also, technically, libphobos2.so
is supposed to be the symlink rather than the actual file). So, while you've
included less than the rpms and debs were supposed to, you've actually
included just as much functionality as they have.

- Jonathan M Davis