Error after installing DMD v2.063

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Jun 4 00:39:08 PDT 2013

On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 08:57:49 +0200
Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2013-06-03 23:08, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
> > I intend to. But I do think it would be good if we then update DVM
> > to use the platform-specific versions, to preserve bandwidth and
> > improve dload/installation speeds.
>
> I would like to rewrite the whole tool. Then we can fix all these
> things. Haven't taken the time to do it yet.

Just curious: What sort of direction did you have in mind for a rewrite?
Something about the general architecture of it you'd do differently?

> > Possibly related to that, I keep meaning to look into updating DVM
> > to install *both* -m32 and -m64 abilities on appropriate platforms
> > (unless you've already beaten me to it?)
>
> No, I haven't done that. See above.
>
> BTW, DVM is not really working on Windows XP, or rather the installed
> compilers. DVM installs the compilers in a path which contains
> spaces. The compiler and/or the linker isn't happy with that.

I was using an XP box as my main machine until about a year ago. It
always worked fine for me as I recall.

The only "path with spaces" problem I had was when using DVM to build
DMD using a version of DMC that was installed by DVM. That lead to a
"paths with spaces" problem. I wasn't able to figure that out, although
I suspected it may have had something to do with either DMD's makefiles
or DMC's make.