Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jun 6 19:40:25 PDT 2013

On Thursday, June 06, 2013 19:22:56 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/6/2013 7:01 PM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> > On Friday, 7 June 2013 at 01:12:07 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> >> and I'm the only one I know of that uses it.
> >
> > I've used it in LuaD since a couple of years ago to check what
> > code isn't covered by tests. It's much more useful now that it
> > has VisualD integration and the -cov=nn form, though.
>
> There's 2! :-)

I've definitely used it before (particularly when originally writing
std.datetime), but it's not something that I remember to use often enough. I'm
thorough enough with my unit tests that I tend to assume that I have fully
coverage (which I probably do in most cases), but it would be much safer to
actually check. Having at least the percentage spit out as part of the build
step would certainly be useful though, since then I could see when it
changes.. I wonder if I should set it up so that my unit test builds do that.

- Jonathan M Davis