Looks like xbox one and ps4 both amd64

ron rd.hunt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 03:17:10 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 13 June 2013 at 09:18:17 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 June 2013 at 07:23:11 UTC, w0rp wrote:
>> You would get more power out of using another architecture,
>> but I think being able to write the games in D is even more
>> powerful. Plus, PS4 seems to smile on self-publishing. That's
>> a big opportunity to shine as a rogue D games console
>> developer.
>
> Do you have some news about that ? I'd really like to play with
> the PS4, it seems like an interesting machine to program on.
> Especially the unified memory model.

It isn't simply unified like old consoles(xbox first?!) either,
the GPU and CPU use the same virtual address space, and in fact
the GPU supports full x86 addressing, and the gpu is connected to
the CPU's cache coherency protocol.

Literally, HSA allows you to pass a pointer to your opencl or
HSAIL compiled c/c++(hopefully D via llvm or gcc) code without
copying to GPU memory and without having to remap memory to the
GPU. The gpu sees the same physical memory through the hMMU
giving it the same virtual address space as the rest of your
application.

HSAIL bytecode is complex enough to allow c++ virtual functions
to be properly accessed in GPU code.