Re: Ć Programming Language - Compile C# subset to C, Java, C#, JS, AS, Perl and D

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 19:17:06 PDT 2013

On 6/18/13, monarch_dodra <monarchdodra at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 17 June 2013 at 21:33:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> I tried it on a machine I never use google on, and I got the
>> same autocomplete results.
>
> So anybody want to talk about the language?

I don't see much point in the language. If you limit yourself to a
minimalistic language in order for your library to be translatable,
how will the API look like in the target languages? It won't use any
language-specific features that make APIs easy to uses (for example it
likely won't provide any range functionality or templates in D..).

You might as well use C, or C++ with some extern "C" API functions.
Then you can write a stable API, have full optimizations, and can even
distribute the built binaries for some platforms (and you build once
per platform, instead of N*platforms * N*languages). Most languages
can interface with C too.