TDD is BS?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Jun 21 14:10:24 PDT 2013

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:48:25 +0200
Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2013-06-21 16:56, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>
> > +1, me too! I can say that 85-90% of what I do at work today, I
> > learned from my personal coding projects, not from the CS courses I
> > took in university. (That's why I like to joke about CS grads
> > knowing more about uncomputable problems than computable ones...)
>
> It feels like there's something wrong with the world here :)

There definitely is. I spent a total of somewhere around 6 years in
college, but somewhere around the middle of that I made the deliberate
decision to *not* get a degree of any sort. That was because I wanted no
part in helping to perpetuate the incredibly widespread myths/lies about
academic achievement. I've never regretted that decision. (The one
decision I *did* regret was not leaving college entirely after the first
year.)