OT: CS education gone wrong (Was: Re: TDD is BS?)

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sun Jun 23 11:02:03 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 23 June 2013 at 17:34:52 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> Would be awesome if an Apache extension would make it trivial
>> to write Web pages in D.
>
> Just use cgi or fastcgi, both are really easy to configure on
> apache (often needing nothing more than copying your executable
> into /cgi-bin/, or adding three lines to ,htaccess), and being
> separate processes, if you crash them it is no big deal. No
> need to do set up a reverse proxy or get your system
> administrator to load strange new Apache modules.
>
> Or if you are just playing, you can skip apache altogether and
> use a D http server, like my cgi.d and vibe.d both offer
> (vibe.d's scales way better but mine is simpler).

Actually vibe.d embedded HTTP outperforms Apache. With high
concurrency - a lot. I can see reasons for wanting to keep it
behind reverse proxy like nginx, but Apache? I dream of the day
this freaking monstrosity dies together with web app
infrastructure it has developed. Please, don't help it survive
with D module support. :(