Additional Binary Operators

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 16:31:19 PST 2013

On Friday, 1 March 2013 at 23:29:43 UTC, Paul D. Anderson wrote:

> My bottom line is the need to define at least one more product
> operator. I only propose adding it to the core language because
> I can't find a way to make it happen in a library. I am open to
> suggestions.

  I'd say a DSL for the scientific library would be best, likely
as a mixin, then the text could be processed and use it's own
rules and replace symbols with function calls?

   //can mix regular operations and utf extras
   a = scientificCalc!"(s * 4) × 4"(s);      //possible call
formats?
   mixin(scientificCalc("a = (s * 4) × 4"));