Optlink is on github

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Mar 6 22:32:05 PST 2013

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 07:09:22AM +0100, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 March 2013 at 01:25:02 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> >Some months ago, I did make the source to optlink available on
> >github:
> >
> >[...]
> >
> >Happy hacking!
>
> This reminds me of http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/story-of-mel.html
[...]

Man, that brings back the memories. I remember doing those kinds of
stunts when coding for the good ole Motorola 6502. Back in those days,
Apple actually published the full listing of their ROM code along with
the instruction specs, including the number of cycles per instruction,
etc.. There were many a fun night plotting out the optimal instruction
sequences and spacing out instructions just right so the exact timing is
achieved. Lots of fun.

What doesn't kill me makes me stranger.