Optlink is on github

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Thu Mar 7 06:41:54 PST 2013

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 07:09:22AM +0100, Lars T. Kyllingstad
wrote:

> This reminds me of http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/story-of-mel.html

Good story! Imagine how Mel must have known the entire program
by heart and he never got any change requests that are so common today.
I would have been addicted to that, too. But luckily 1975 was 8
years before my birth and so I started "hacking" with QBasic
Gorillaz, a turn based strategy game.
I guess with SSE it still today makes sense to count
instruction delays and throughput. Also take a look at this:
http://research.scee.net/files/presentations/gcapaustralia09/Pitfalls_of_Object_Oriented_Programming_GCAP_09.pdf
I don't think people like this programmer Mel are job-less
today.

--
Marco