DConf 2013 last talk

d coder dlang.coder at gmail.com
Thu May 2 21:10:48 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 5:41 AM, Joseph Cassman <jc7919 at outlook.com> wrote:

> If you could provide an update on the allocators design and implementation
> -- progress and/or roadmap -- that would be great. Also if there are any
> plans to update std.container as a result.

+1

And another one. I am working on an embedded DSL on top of D Language. I am
using compile time parser ctpg https://github.com/youkei/ctpg for some
syntax parsing. It works great, expect for memory footprint of the compiler
which makes it impractical to parse any 1000+ lines of code at compile time.

So the question is -- What are the plans to optimize the compiler from
memory perspective? I know that the GC is disabled at compile time to make
the compiler as fast as possible. Can we think about adding a switch to dmd
to optionally enable the GC? This is not going to change the
functional behavior of the compiler and so we can give an option to the
end-user to enable the switch when compile time footprint is becoming an
issue.

Regards
- Puneet