LDC and Debian

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed May 8 07:53:44 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 06:39:16AM +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> The Debian Freeze is over now that Wheezy is released, and stuff is
> now filtering its way into Unstable making the use of Experimental
> more as it should be.
>
> Now would be a good time to get a new LDC into Debian.

And GDC too!

> I can't actually do anything constructive to help though other than
> confirm that master/HEAD works fine for me built on my Debian Unstable
> machines with the submodules fully up to date.
[...]

I can help sponsor GDC uploads if necessary. I may try to build it
myself, but I'm not sure if I have the time (or patience!) to babysit
through it (past experiences of building GCC/GDC were not that pleasant,
sad to say).

Two wrongs don't make a right; but three rights do make a left...