Migrating D front end to D - post Dconf

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Thu May 9 03:15:29 PDT 2013

On 9 May 2013 10:11, Thomas Koch <thomas at koch.ro> wrote:

> Do you plan to support a build path that has no circular dependendencies?
> This would be a very strong nice to have for porting D to new
> architectures.
>
> So it should be possible to build a subset of D (stage 1) with gcc without
> relying on a D compiler and than using the stage 1 binary to build a
> complete D compiler.
>
> There are languages in Debian that rely on themselves to be build and it's
> headache to support those languages on all architectures.
>
> Regards, Thomas Koch

I'll will very likely keep a branch with the C++ implemented front end for
these purposes. But ideally we should get porting as soon as possible ahead
of this move so that there are already D compilers available for said
targets.

Though it would be nice for the D implementation to be kept to a subset
that is backwards compatible with 2.062 (or whatever version we decide to
make the switch at), that is something I cannot guarantee.

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';