Investigation: downsides of being generic and correct

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Fri May 17 01:57:22 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 16 May 2013 at 14:23:22 UTC, nazriel wrote:
> Very nice blog post.
>
> Something similar should go into D wiki database so it won't
> get lost in "In 80s we had..." topics.
>
> For sure there is a space for improvements in Phobos but such
> articles are good start to prevent wave of "D is slow and
> sucks" and force people to rethink if they are using right
> tools (functions in this case ie UTF8 aware vs plain ASCII
> ones) for their job.

Thank you, I am glad at least someone have noticed it is not a
call for a benchmarking contest :) Yes, my interest was exactly
in case when newbie comes and tries to write some trivial code.
If it behaves too slow, that abstract guy won't benchmark or
investigate stuff, he will just say "D sucks" and move to the
next language.

It is more of an informational issue, than Phobos one.