QtD fails to build on Arch Linux

Tyler Jameson Little beatgammit at gmail.com
Sat May 18 10:24:14 PDT 2013

I'm on 64-bit, so I've used the 64-bit patch [1] on bitbucket to
get the compile started. I get a lot of these errors:

	[  3%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/cpp_core.dir/cpp/qt_core/QAbstractItemModel_shell.cpp.o
	/home/otto/sandbox/qtd/build_dir/build/cpp/qt_core/QAbstractItemModel_shell.cpp:
In member function ‘virtual QModelIndex
QAbstractItemModel_QtDShell::buddy(const QModelIndex&) const’:
	/home/otto/sandbox/qtd/build_dir/build/cpp/qt_core/QAbstractItemModel_shell.cpp:83:141:
error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]

qtd_QAbstractItemModel_buddy_QModelIndex_const_dispatch(QObjectLink::getLink(this)->dId,
&__d_return_value, &qtd_from_QModelIndex(index0));

I'm using gcc 4.8 if that makes a difference.

I've noticed that the original developers have more or less
abandoned it (a patch for finding 64-bit dmd sits in the issue
tracker gathering dust), but it seems to be the only Qt binding
out there. I've noticed on the D forums that the developers have
possibly lost interest [2].

So, has anyone else had problems building QtD recently? Is there
any community interest in maintaining it?

If people need it, I'd consider looking into fixing the current
build status, but I can't commit to maintaining it long-term
since I don't have any active projects that need it. I may in the
future, hence the tentative offer to help.

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/qtd/repo/issue/4/cmake-finding-dmd#comment-4087437
[2]
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.461.1349112690.5162.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com