Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon May 20 13:20:22 PDT 2013

On Mon, 20 May 2013 12:41:08 -0700
"Adam Wilson" <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 May 2013 12:28:16 -0700, Dmitry Olshansky
> <dmitry.olsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Markup for GUI layout seems like a decent idea.
> >

> HTML is markup. XAML is markup. QML is markup. XUL is markup. iOS is
> markup. Android is markup. Realistically, the age of OS native
> toolkits has passed, markup is the future. *shrug* For me it's a
> practical thing,

And what takes that markup and actually executes it? Magical GUI
fairies? ;)

Markup is, by necessity, nothing more than a front-end for a
code-based GUI engine/toolkit/whatever-we-want-to-call-it. The GUI
toolkits will always be there whether it's the UI designers that use it
directly or the markup developers that use it directly.

>markup is extensible, OS widgets are not.

I don't know where you got that idea.