std.uni vs std.unicode and beyond?

eles eles at eles.com
Tue May 21 12:40:02 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 21 May 2013 at 18:23:42 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> 21-May-2013 22:12, Brad Anderson пишет:
>> On Tuesday, 21 May 2013 at 17:53:02 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
> I see people have no idea what Unicode is about.
> Unicode is not only the encoding - it's a de facto standard of
> internationalization and related algorithms. UTF is encoding.

Good point, but this fact only supports the assertion that the
current state of phobos is even more messy than expected. So, a
bit of cleaning is required.

Since we are at it, ascii is both a standard *and* an encoding
(well, the only one), so were should be put? in std.encoding.* or
in std.standard.*? maybe std.text.ascii? std.text.unicode?
std.text.utf?