D on next-gen consoles and for game development

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu May 23 16:44:53 PDT 2013

On 05/24/2013 01:25 AM, Manu wrote:
> I really hope D on ARM gets some more attention in the near future. The day it
> can be used on Android will be a very significant breakthrough!

GDC is close to being fully usable on ARM, no?  And as I recall the only (albeit
major) problem you had with GDC was the delay between bugfixes landing in the D
frontend and carrying over to GDC.

So, the solution here might be the work to properly generalize the frontend so
that it will plug-and-play on top of any of the available backends.