DLang Spec rewrite (?)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun May 26 13:20:41 PDT 2013

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:34:30PM -0700, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
[...]
> My main complaint about ddoc is actually not a complaint about ddoc
> but about html. I find it very annoying to have to put $(P ) around
> every paragraph. Stuff like LaTeX does that automatically based on
> blank lines, which is way better IMHO, but if you're targetting HTML,
> then unfortunately, you need to mark paragraphs. The only way to fix
> that with regards to ddoc would be to make it so that ddoc understood
> that blank lines meant new paragraphs and inserted <p></p>
> appropriately, when generating html, but that would make it so that
> ddoc was less general, and there might be other negatives to that I
> haven't thought of. So, we just get to deal with $(P ) I guess.
[...]

Wait, why not just make DDoc wrap it in $(P ) instead of <p></p>? That
way, output formats that don't care can simply define $(P) to be the
text followed by a line break, and you're done.

Today's society is one of specialization: as you grow, you learn more
and more about less and less. Eventually, you know everything about
nothing.