DLang Spec rewrite (?)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun May 26 19:19:46 PDT 2013

On Sunday, May 26, 2013 22:10:58 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 5/26/13 9:04 PM, Borden wrote:
> > Before we get too off topic in this thread, is there demand for an
> > xhtml5.ddoc file? If so, I'd like to make some changes to the other DDoc
> > files as to minimise code reuse and minimise ambiguity in 'inherited'
> > macro definitions. I'm willing to put in the time but I can't do it alone.
> >
> > If there's no demand, that's OK, too, and I'll put the matter to rest.
>
> I think it would be great. In particular, an ebook format would be good.
>
> You may want to wait until
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/271 is in. It
> systematizes macros a lot and it may offer answers to many of your
> questions.

What's required for that to be merged? Someone to review it? I actually don't
have commit privileges to dlang.org (even though all of the newer Phobos
committers seem to), so the most that I can do is look it over. But I've
generally ignored the dlang.org repo, since I don't have commit rights, and
these days I do a poor enough job of review druntime and Phobos pull requests
as it is.

- Jonathan M Davis