Rust-based provocation :)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue May 28 18:07:57 PDT 2013

anyway exceptions work after copy/pasting more code from druntime
and adding some __gshared and removing some printfs. No stack
traces, but the mechanics are there.

My test program is now 15k stripped (23k 64 bit), quite a bit
larger than the really naked thing, but still a lot smaller than
full druntime+phobos apps, but this really is a good bulk of the
language; I feel like this would be a seriously usable subset.

I also got it kinda working on 64 bit. The command line argument
and environment variable fetching is another one of those things
I've done on linux 32 bit asm, but never 64 bit and varargs are
apparently different.... so I just left those blank for now. So
if you play on 64 bit, remember args and environment will always
be null for now.

But otherwise my test program worked as much as I ran it.

Anyway if you want to play with it, the zip file is updated
arsdnet.net/dcode/minimal.zip

object.d is now up to about 1200 lines, over half of it being
selectively copy/pasted from full druntime.