[article] Language Design Deal Breakers

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Wed May 29 08:02:54 PDT 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013 15:56:28 +0100, deadalnix <deadalnix at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know what you answer to, but clearly not what you are quoting.
>>
>> I quoted it, but inserted my comment above between your 2 paras.  You
>> then stripped it from your reply :P
>> I have re-quoted it above "Most people agree..".
>>

> No, you get that @disable this() is not sufficient from anywhere but
> from my post.

So you agree it is sufficient?  The confusion here is that you *seem* to
be arguing for the inclusion of a feature which *appears* to be a sub-set
of a feature we already have.  Thus, we assume you've got a reason for
this, and we assume this reason is some problem with the feature we
already have.

> This craziness is going on for pages now. I'm stopping now, as it isn't
> going anywhere.

Communication breakdown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5etcNNOCVk&t=11s

> I'm still ready to discuss point I actually raised.

Which is what exactly?  That 2 features not-null and @disable this() are
the same thing?  They're not, one is a subset of the other.  That they
require the same compiler functionality, we all agree, but that's not
really important or relevant.  What is relevant is whether NotNull can be
implemented using @disable this, and you've agreed that it can.

If you have another point it's been lost or overlooked so please re-state
it.