D Programmer Jobs at Sociomantic Labs

t-dog assemble at mybutt.com
Tue Nov 5 02:56:23 PST 2013

On Monday, 4 November 2013 at 17:12:34 UTC, PauloPinto wrote:
> On Monday, 4 November 2013 at 16:49:10 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
>> On Monday, 4 November 2013 at 16:22:52 UTC, Gary Willoughby
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd argue against this. I think D would make a terrific first
>>> language.
>> (...)
>>>
>>> Something like C or D (i'd opt for D) should be any devs
>>> first language. Simply to educate them in the basics.
>>
>> I would say that it really depends on the age too. D as a
>> first language for an 18 year-old technically savvy person
>> might work, but for a 10 year-old?
>
> Well I was looking at Z80 Assembly code at the age of 12.

ohhh, i see yet another e-biceps thread.
so the older architecture i know assembly for, the bigger my
biceps is?

also Paulo, something doesnt play right here. from what you were
saying about things you have done and when, i've gathered, that
you should be something about 80 years old by now.

On Monday, 4 November 2013 at 17:11:08 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Monday, 4 November 2013 at 16:22:52 UTC, Gary Willoughby
> wrote:
>> Something like C or D (i'd opt for D) should be any devs first
>> language. Simply to educate them in the basics.
>
> In Soviet Russia you do assembly in primary school :)

not sure how much true it is in XXI century, but its funny how
our profesor of computer architectures (who originates from
Ukrain) assumes that we were taught physics in primary school.
No, we were gathering pokemon cards, playing football and
fighting each other in primary school for fuck sake

On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 01:15:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/4/2013 2:34 PM, Era Scarecrow wrote:
>>  I did x86 Assembly language at 14.
>
> Bah. I programmed the Apollo lunar module computer for NASA
> when I was 8.

that is nothing. We were squashing atoms by hand in CERN with
Paulo when we were 5.

back to the topic.

i wonder how big earnings in Soctiomantic are, given that you are
told to program in rather exotic programming language (exotic as
non-main stream enough).